See the sky and hills!

See the sky and hills!
In Quiet Moments Here

Friday, July 15, 2011

Pruning

I'm going outside soon to prune my tomato plants.  The tomato garden resembles a jungle right now, and I know I planted too many, too close together.  However, I have learned that the actual tomato fruit will do better if I prune (cut out) some of those lush leaves and branches.


I'm thinking, too, of pruning my possessions.  It seems that I am finally realizing that my house is not too small, but that I have too many things in it.  A garage sale is in the works before the summer is over!  I just have to make sure that my husband doesn't have his way with what I consider "my" stuff.

Did you know that God is in the pruning business too? I'm not sure if I'm ready to have Him prune things out of my life even though it's probably necessary in order for me to bear better fruit.  It might hurt. Just as I don't want my husband to have his way with "my" stuff, I don't want God to have His way with "my" stuff either.  This attitude is something I'll have to work on.  As a visiting missionary once told me, if you are not willing to have God do something in your life, ask Him to make you willing.  If you're not willing to ask Him to make you willing, then ask Him to make you willing to be willing--or willing to be willing to be willing to be willing.  You get the idea.  I guess I'll have to start where I am.  How many "willings" do you have to ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment