See the sky and hills!

See the sky and hills!
In Quiet Moments Here

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Restoring the Temple


This is an idea that has gone around in my brain for many years already, until I've finally found it very difficult to ignore.  Countless New Years' resolutions aside, I know that my body is greatly in need of some shaping up; I need to stay on a healthy diet for more than 2 days at a time.  Sometimes I make it a week, just once I did it for a month. I want to say I have a built-in failure component, but I know all about negative versus positive affirmations, so I can't get by with that excuse.  There has to be a deeper motive for me to achieve success in the "Shape Up" department.  There has to be, and there is. 

Let's look at the underlying truth, as I believe it.  The Bible, in 1 Corinthians 6:19 (NIV) says "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?" and in 2 Corinthians 6:16 says "...For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said, 'I will live with them...' "

I surrendered myself to God, many years ago (although I'm still learning how to leave myself in His hands).  Even when I fail, as often as I do, God does not.  Therefore, whatever the level of obedience I'm at, God still is the same, and He still dwells in me as He has promised.  That means, my body is His dwelling, His temple. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the title of your post. How appropriate for a weight loss post. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog about my weight loss journey. I understand your struggle and hope it's something you're able to get on top of. Just take one day at a time. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete