See the sky and hills!

See the sky and hills!
In Quiet Moments Here

Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanks-living

My inclination for writing has diminished in the past few weeks as the priorities of life have become more complicated, but I would feel foolish if I did not stop to acknowledge the opportunity we have had to celebrate Thanksgiving.  The emphasis on shopping, Black Friday, and stores that did not even close on Thanksgiving Day have saddened me, as it seems the theme is more on "getting" than "giving".  Yet, an even more important thought has enveloped me today.  Our church website used the term "thanks-living", and I believe that idea is even more important than celebrating thanks on just one day of the year.  No matter our situation, we can always find something for which to be thankful.  We will even make ourselves feel better when we count our blessings.

"Let us come before Him with thanksgiving." Psalms 95:2

It's as simple (and important) as that!

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts. I saw a sign on a church marquee in Iowa last week. It said, "Don't just count your blessings, share them."

    ReplyDelete