See the sky and hills!

See the sky and hills!
In Quiet Moments Here

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Simple Pleasures

The challenges of my days lately have served only to make me appreciate what I have more.  A few days have ended with so much more fatigue than I care to endure; I have a very comfortable bed, pillows, and blankets that take away any complaint I might register.  The weather is getting so much colder; I don't appreciate that, but I have plenty of warm clothes, and a house that I can heat to a comfort zone.  I've gotten hungry a few times; I have many choices of food in my kitchen, a refrigerator to keep things cold and fresh, and a stove, microwave, and toaster oven plus a variety of appliances to help prepare food.  I have dirty dishes every day, but I can wash them easily.  That it, usually I can wash them easily.  We have had a leaky pipe, on a week-end when replacement parts were not available, so we've had to turn off the main water supply.  All the blessings in my life make it impossible for me to grumble about that.  Also, now I can say, I don't have to wash dishes!

Somewhere I heard that it takes fewer muscles to smile than to frown.  Remember then, to smile is taking the easy way out!

No comments:

Post a Comment