I was reading today in a magazine from the Disabled American Veterans; the chaplain wrote a message in there for me. Just in case it might be for you as well, I'll share some of it. This is from the National Chaplain, Dr. Charles W. Edwards, Jr.
- Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire. If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
- Be thankful when you don't know something, for it gives you the opportunity to learn.
- Be thankful for your limitations, because they give you opportunities for improvement.
- Be thankful for each new challenge, because it will build your strength and character.
- Be thankful for your mistakes. They will teach you valuable lessons.
- It's easy to be thankful for the good things. A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks.