See the sky and hills!

See the sky and hills!
In Quiet Moments Here

Saturday, September 10, 2011

PRIORITIES

At the end of a very busy week, I wonder how I could have gotten more important things done.  After wondering that, I have to stop and ask myself, "What are the more important things?" 

This week, I had visitors; our adult children were visiting for a few days.  This wasn't in my plans, not written into my schedule, but it definitely was important.  It became an honor, my calling, to prepare food, clean up, and spend time talking with them and watching them interact with each other.  They refreshed my vision of how blessed I am to live in such a beautiful place, and how blessed I am to be able to share my corner of paradise.

What I have learned this week is that priorities can be adjusted.  While scheduling and acting in a proactive manner have great value, they are good only if they allow room for flexibility.  When situations change, we must willing adjust. 

Proverbs 16:9 tells us, "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."  I can give thanks this week that the Lord had plans for me that I had not anticipated.  His surprises are the best of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment