See the sky and hills!

See the sky and hills!
In Quiet Moments Here

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Reruns

Today my ambition regarding blogging seems to have decreased to the point where I wish it would be fair to do a rerun.  Some irregular readers probably wouldn't even notice--but I would, and it wouldn't be fair to me.  Writing is something I have always enjoyed, but it has never become habitual for me.  I enjoy routine, and I often work better under pressure.  That said, I have always had difficulty making my own routines, setting and meeting my own deadlines.

Believing that the ability to write is a gift God has given me, it has yet been a challenge to use that gift.  Beginning to blog has been a gift to myself, a way to give me more accountability in writing.  If anyone is helped or blessed by what I write, that is a bonus!

"Run with patience the race that is set before you," is how one translation of Hebrews 12:1 reads.  Another translation uses the work "perseverance" instead of "patience".  Yet another says "Run well..."  Comparing each slight difference to my way of running my life puts   "running" in better focus for me.  As it happens, I don't always run well, run with patience, or run with perseverance.  When I fail in my goals, I think it's time to start over, run again.  I guess you could say, that is  my rerun.

No comments:

Post a Comment