See the sky and hills!

See the sky and hills!
In Quiet Moments Here

Monday, October 31, 2011

True Values

To most of our country, today is a much-loved holiday, Halloween.  It has never meant much to me, at least nothing good, and it means even less this year.  My value is in a different occasion.  You see, tomorrow is the day another group of our military men and women, United States Marines, fly to Afghanistan, and my son is one of them.  There is nothing a mother can do to change that.

This mother intends to spend much time in prayer.  The only problem I find is that I don't know what to pray.  I want my boy to be safe, but I want all our troops to be safe.  Safe is not a condition of war.  Do I want my son to come home unharmed, yet another mother's son to die or return with a missing limb, or a damaged mind?  Never!  Yet, how do I pray?

I'm so thankful that I have a copy of God's word.  In fact, I have many copies in my home, and some don't get used.  I used one tonight, however, and found an answer.

In Romans 8:26, I read these words: ". . . the Spirit helps us in our weakness.  We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express."

Tonight I do indeed feel the weakness of my own body and spirit.  But there is help; I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment