See the sky and hills!

See the sky and hills!
In Quiet Moments Here

Friday, June 17, 2011

Today, I want to say, “Stop when you feel like stopping”, but I’m not going to pretend that those are wise words, or wise actions.  Many people, my husband among them, believe strongly in the value of lists and schedules.  Personally, I find them depressing, since I nearly always have more on my list than I can accomplish.  There is one advantage to them, however.  If I make a list of important things to be done, and create variety in that list, then my choices are more manageable.  If I have a lot of energy, I can do some physical activity; if I’m physically exhausted, there needs to be something on my list that can be done sitting down.  (For about a week now, there have been a pair of my husband’s jeans sitting near my favorite chair; I shortened one leg, but the other one still needs to be done.  I’m sure that task will call to me soon.)I’ve been gardening today, and enjoy all the variety I see in nature; I only had to stop for a root beer(I’m not admitting to a root beer float), and to write this.  So these are my words of wisdom for today: plan variety into your life and follow that plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment