See the sky and hills!

See the sky and hills!
In Quiet Moments Here

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Security


As I listened to Bible scholar and teacher Beth Moore recently, she mentioned that we will always have change in our lives, which is difficult for women who tend to find security in routine, things that don’t change.  I found myself relating closely to such a description, feeling more comfortable when I am able to expect that tomorrow will be quite the same as today and yesterday, even to the point when that routine becomes boring.  Comparing routine to boredom takes some thinking about!

In doing my own thinking about it then, I found my own solution for security.   In the Old Testament book of Malachi, chapter 3, verse 6, God says “I am the Lord; I change not”.  If I put my security in God, who does not change, I will be secure no matter what changes come to my life.  I need to remember that.  How about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment