See the sky and hills!

See the sky and hills!
In Quiet Moments Here

Friday, August 12, 2011

The Days Have Gone By

Whether or not a person gets anything accomplished, the days still go by.  This is an issue for me since I tend to be a procrastinator.  I was thinking once of writing a guide for procrastinators, but only got it started--because I procrastinated.  The title was easy: "THE PROCRASTINATOR'S GUIDE TO ORGANIZING YOUR LIFE, YOUR HOME, YOUR OFFICE, YOUR DRAWERS, OR YOUR PURSE".

The number one rule: Do not plan to do anything right now, except to do some planning--later.

Later, when you are not too tired, too hungry, too busy, or too distracted, plan to make a plan.  In the meantime, just think about it once in awhile.

After you have thought about it for awhile (minutes, hours, days), then you can think about making a plan.  Plan: . . . list of steps with timing and resources, used to achieve an objective.  See also strategy.  (Wikipedia.com)

I like the word "strategy".  It seems more high-minded, less over-used than "plan".  Instead of someone asking "What do you plan to do today?", do you ever get asked, "What is your strategy for the day?"

(This is all that I am getting accomplished today.  If it wasn't for procrastination, I'm sure I would get more accomplished.  Perhaps I'll be back tomorrow to write some more, if I don't procrastinate too much.)

No comments:

Post a Comment