See the sky and hills!

See the sky and hills!
In Quiet Moments Here

Monday, March 12, 2012

The Blessing of Food

Right now, as I write this, I am hungry.  It's past time for lunch, and my breakfast was cereal and fruit (Oops! Plus coffee and a taste of the brownies I made yesterday, or maybe just a bit more than a taste). I'm thinking that I don't trust myself to go to the kitchen.

I just referred myself to Dr. Scott Conard's book again, the section on food.  He says, "Food is the strongest drug you put into your body.  With food that blesses your body, health and wellness ensue."  I need to send up a prayer before I go to the kitchen. There is no doubt but that I am blessed with God's provisions for me in the area of quantity and quality of food. I still have a choice of how much I want to be blessed, and making right choices will result in greater blessings.

I am re-learning quite a bit.  I've studied health-related subjects for many years, seeking to find my own answers to the health challenges I've faced.  As I've said before, learning is much easier than doing, especially doing enough to make a new habit.  Making a habit of something good, however, is simply done by repeating that action.  It seems that I need very frequent reminders--repeating the learning will hopefully lead to repeating the healthful actions.  It's a healthy habit in the making.

One thing I am sure of: no matter how much I learn and attempt, there is a high risk of failure if I depend only on my own strength. With God, however, there is great hope, because He "is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of--infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes."
(Ephesians 3:20 TLB)



1 comment:

  1. It's hard to unlearn life-long habits. It's so easy for me to reach for food when I'm stressed or upset. Glad you're working on making better choices.

    ReplyDelete