See the sky and hills!

See the sky and hills!
In Quiet Moments Here

Monday, March 5, 2012

Do You Have the 7 Keys?

I have been reading and re-reading a book by Scott Conard, MD titled  Weight Loss the Jabez Way.  You may or may not be familiar with another book describing the Old Testament character of Jabez and his prayer, but it is not necessary to the understanding of Dr. Conard's book.  There are 2 major parts of his book that distinguish it from all other books I've read about diet, weight loss, and health (and there have been many). 

One is that he suggests asking God for wisdom about what you eat as well as other health habits.  This is enlightening for me, because as I said, I've read many books on those subjects rather than just going directly to the Source, God.

The second part of the book is "7 Keys to Adding Years to Your Life & Life to Your Years".  This relates to total health rather than just weight management. The 7 keys, or healers, are air, water, sleep, food, play, relationships, and purpose.  This is going to involve a big learning curve for me, since I have struggled in all of those areas, but I'm really looking forward to the challenge. 

Either for a few days, or from time to time, I plan to share some things I'm learning in this area, and hopefully, it will help me stay on track and inspire someone else to begin a healthier lifestyle.  Life is too short to be lived poorly!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good book. I haven't heard of it before but I like the part in the title about "adding years to your life and life to your years."

    Don't know if you'd be interested but a group of ladies meets at my church on Wednesday morning at 8:00 a.m. for a weight loss support group. We share our goals and weight loss struggles with each other and then pray for each other.

    ReplyDelete