See the sky and hills!

See the sky and hills!
In Quiet Moments Here

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Trying on Obedience

I haven't been clothes shopping lately; I really dislike trying on clothes in those tiny little rooms with bad mirrors.  Instead, I've been trying something else on for size--obedience, to God, and yes, even to my husband.  I've had a few rewards already, so I think I might try a few more.

Yesterday, I had put in my daily calendar (which my husband really bugs me to use) that I should call a couple friends who I "just never get around to" calling.  I was able to check that off--I really did it. As if the feeling of accomplishment wasn't enough of a reward, I was also rewarded with a couple awesome conversations.  They are the best kind of friends, those that, even if you don't see or talk to them for months, you can pick up a conversation just as if you had talked to them the day before! It was wonderful.

I did a few other "make hubby happy" jobs, and that felt good to me, too.  Enough of doing just what I feel like doing!  I've been encouraged to develop this new habit.

Is there anything you need to try on?

No comments:

Post a Comment