See the sky and hills!

See the sky and hills!
In Quiet Moments Here

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Balance

I don't walk a tightrope, or even try walking on a fence or a log, but my word for today is "balance".  Specifically, right now, I've been trying to balance my checkbook.  All the numbers in my records are supposed to match the ones that my bank says represent the money that has come in and gone out of my account.

I'm tired.  Of course, that may be because I was up last night until about 2 a.m. and I still got up this morning about 7:30.  That seems a foolish thing to do without a very good reason, and that good reason I did not have.  I just felt like doing it.  Oh, how many things I "feel like" doing, and have to pay the conseqences later!  Eating too much and exercising too much are the things that come to mind right now. 

If I actually was going to walk a tightrope, I suppose an important requirement would be to pay close attention to what I was doing.  For balance in any part of life, do you think a requirement might be the same?  If we pay close attention to every action and/or decision, balance wouldn't be so difficult to achieve!

No comments:

Post a Comment