See the sky and hills!

See the sky and hills!
In Quiet Moments Here

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Blessed by Beauty

I was outside late again tonight and was able to view the most awesome sunset that seemed to go on and on.  Last evening, just before sunset, the cloud formations were so incredibly beautiful, and sadly, I didn't have my camera with me.  The night before, July 4, we watched the city fireworks right from our backyard, as we were sitting by a campfire; when that ended, the stars were spectacular.  I often wonder why I am so blessed by beauty.  The author Scott Peck began one of his books with the words, "Life is not fair."  I have occasionally felt it wasn't fair to me, but through most of my life, I have had the best. I can do very little for the poor locked into city tenements or African villages without even clean water.  Nor can I cure cancer or heal crippled children.  I don't have the ability to employ the unemployed or end the wars or solve any of the world's big problems.  However, what I can do, I must do.  Above all, let none of us take our blessings for granted!  Today, I choose to be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment