See the sky and hills!

See the sky and hills!
In Quiet Moments Here

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Misty

When I took this picture, I was only thinking of the beauty that exists right outside my front door.  In looking at it much later, I was awestruck by what a picture it is of life--so many things that we cannot see even when they are right in front of us.  For me, as for many of you, it is "a reason".  Oh, how often we wonder "why"!  As another holiday is upon us, I so much feel the loss of my daughter.  It's been 5 years since I lost her to cancer, and some days the pain feels as great as if it happened last week.  To me, a holiday = Karine, and I know I need to get through one more without her.  When we meet in heaven, the mists will have been taken away, and I will know the "why".  Until then, I can celebrate the family that I do have, and be always aware of what a blessing they all are.  We have so much to celebrate; let's do it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment