See the sky and hills!

See the sky and hills!
In Quiet Moments Here

Saturday, July 30, 2011

What a Friend

Someone posted on Facebook, "God doesn't have a blackberry or an iPhone, but He is my favorite contact. He doesn't have Facebook, but He is my best friend. He doesn't have Twitter, but I follow Him, and He doesn't have internet, but I am connected to Him. " 

Not everyone notices it, but God actually is the easiest friend to contact.  In spite of all the wonderful new worship music being sung these days, I still cling to a few old hymns.  One of my favorites is "What a Friend We Have in Jesus".  However, rather than just taking it for granted, I keep thinking of these words from the song: "O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear, all because we do not carry everything to God in prayer".

That's my problem; I keep forgetting that I don't need to handle situations on my own. 
I do believe God is even closer than a telephone call away, but He waits for our call.

No comments:

Post a Comment